Tuesday 19 June 2012

Review: Telescopic Explosion Mascara L’ORÉAL


Today’s post is a little review of my favourite mascara. It’s the Telescopic Explosion Mascara by L’ORÉAL. I purchased this mascara a couple of months back and since then I have used it again and again. It’s nearly run out and if they still make it, I will defiantly be re-purchasing.

Before I start rambling on about the actual product, I thought I’d just mention the packaging. It’s red and black and looks, kind of sleek. It’s the perfect size and thickness and I have to say, I think it looks rather posh ;)

The thing that makes this mascara so brilliant is the wand, it’s a sphere! This is really unusual (obviously) so at first I was a little sceptical. But once I had done one eye with this I was hooked. The application does take a bit of getting used to as you have to do one lash at a time (yawn) but you get faster once you’ve used it a few times.

As far as consistency goes this mascara is pretty good. You don’t need a zillion coats for it to have its best affect, maybe two or three? And I have found it doesn’t come off that easily during the day, unless it rains because it’s not waterproof, sadly.

The only problem I have with this product is that it clumps a lot. It’s really annoying when you’re in a rush and you just want to quickly go over your lashes. To solve the problem I use a coat of another mascara (a Hannorah one if you’re interested!) and this get’s rid of the clumps. My other mascara is also waterproof so when you have both on together it doesn’t run as much in the rain.

The price is a bit steep, I think mine was around £11.99 from boots, which is more than I would normally pay for a mascara. Is it worth the extra money? I would say yes it is, but I would love to find a cheaper one that’s just as good.

As I said before, I’m not sure if this mascara has been dis-continued or not, as it isn’t on the boots website or in my local store. However, you may be able to find a similar one from L’ORÉAL (maybe they’ve just changed the name) at www.boots.com.

Ease of use: * * *

Quality: * * * *

Packaging: * * * *

Wand: * * * *

Price: * * (although I think it’s worth it)

Overall: * * * *

((We know our blog has been a bit all over the place lately, we're just trying to find the perfect design and text colour, please bear with us!))

No comments:

Post a Comment